Best mini tripods
Taking pictures has become a significant part of our lives. We take pictures almost everywhere (even in the bathroom,) and we feel the need to immortalize every single event in our lives, be it big or small. Lucky for us, every device comes with a camera, and you have to admit that we have come a long way since the VGA cameras we used to have on our phones. Now, some phones have better quality than small photo cameras, and we can take pictures that last forever. But did you consider investing in the best mini tripod?
Why a mini tripod and not a selfie stick?
Tripods are used so that the camera is steady, and all people present for the photo can be in the picture itself. But that can be achieved with a selfie stick, you may say. You are not wrong, and the selfie stick was huge when it first came out. Almost everyone I know had one, and it was the device of the moment. But a mini tripod is better, in my opinion. Here is why:
- The camera is steadier – a selfie stick keeps the phone stable, but not as steady as the tripod. The idea of a mini tripod is that it keeps the phone in a fixed place, and you do not need any help with it.
- You do not need your hands at all – a selfie stick still requires at least one of your hands. Sometimes you even lend a hand for more stability. A mini tripod, on the other hand, does not need any support other than itself. You just place the mini tripod on the surface you have at hand and take the picture. It is as simple as that.
- More people can fit into a picture – this actually depends on what camera your phone has, but most phones can fit only so many people in one phot. That is because you are limited by the selfie stick’s length. Sure, there are telescopic selfie sticks, but you are still limited. The mini tripod, however, can be placed as far as you wish. The issue now is to not go too far from the tripod.
What are the advantages of a mini tripod?
The benefits you can enjoy in having a mini tripod depend on what you are looking for in one. However, some advantages are as clear as day. Here are just a few:
- Portability – unlike regular-sized tripods, mini tripods can comfortably fit into a handbag. Regular tripods can too, but you need to disassemble them to fit into their carrying case. The fact that a mini tripod is so small is one of the reasons people enjoy it so much.
- Clear pictures – since there is no shaky hand involved, your photos will look clear. The camera cannot be any steadier than with a mini tripod, which is why, in my opinion, a mini tripod exceeds a selfie stick.
- You can put it almost everywhere – you do not need only flat surfaces. The legs of a mini tripod come in several designs. Some are adjustable, and some are flexible. That way, you can put a mini tripod anywhere you want. Some models are even capable of being fixed up in a tree.
The idea is that you can achieve all the advantages of a regular tripod but in mini size. You can use it for several devices, such as your phone, tablet, GoPro camera, and so on. It has plenty of benefits for such a small item, don’t you think?
How to choose the best mini tripod?
If you want to purchase a mini tripod, do not make the mistake of buying the first product that comes up in a search. You need to buy the best mini tripod for the money you have, which is why you need to consider a few things before hitting the buy button. Here is what you need to look at:
- Weight – a mini tripod is already light because of its size, and you should consider the size because it will affect the weight of your bag. However, do not go for too light. A mini tripod that weighs too little is not going to be as stable as one that is a bit heavier. You need to take that into account. Otherwise, you will buy a mini tripod for its steadiness but get blurry photos. As a result, you will have spent your money for nothing.
- Construction – after years of buying devices, I think you can realize when an item is poorly made, or made of low-quality plastic. I have nothing against plastic, some of them are very good. However, there is also aluminum, which makes the mini tripods durable and A better material alternative is carbon, but carbon is more expensive than plastic and aluminum. At the end of the day, the choice is yours according to your budget.
- Straight vs. flexible legs – this is one of the features that should interest you the most. Both models are capable of stability. However, my favorite is the mini tripod with flexible legs. Why? Because the category of surfaces on which you can place it is broader. For example, a flexible mini tripod can be set on rocks or at the beach without the camera falling over. Also, a flexible mini tripod can be hanged in trees. If you want a photo from above, just use the flexible legs to place the camera on a branch. I think it is a brilliant feature, but then again, that is just me.
- Remote vs. no remote – when you get a selfie stick, there is that button that captures the photo, but mini tripods do not have one. They do, however, have a remote. Of course, not all models feature a wireless remote, but I recommend that you go for one. It is easier to use. Instead of setting the timer and waiting for the camera to capture the photo, you can just push the button and take the picture when you are ready. I find it much more convenient.
- Camera mount – not all mini tripods have the same mounting mechanism, which is why you should go for the one that you think is easier to use. Also, if the head mount rotates, it is even better. Tilting head is also a bonus.
What are the best mini tripods?
Choosing the best mini tripod may prove to be tricky, mostly because there are so many models on the market. Online there is a flood, so to speak. That is why you need to be careful what you choose so that you do not end up with something you do not like. You can also read some mini tripod reviews online to help you make a decision. If you do not want to do that, you can choose one of the models mentioned below.
Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini Tripod
The mini tripod from Manfrotto is one of the most beautiful mini tripods I could find. Yes, I said beautiful, even though that may not be as important as its features. However, that does not mean beauty is all it has. It is extremely versatile, and I am sure that you will find it most useful when you travel, on hikes, or a night out in the city.
The Manfrotto mini tripod is manufactured from stainless steel. That ensures durability, but at the same time, it is lightweight. It weighs only 8.2 ounces (232 grams), enough to provide stability but little so that you do not feel its weight. The rubber feet will help with the steadiness when you choose to place it on a sleek surface so that you do not have to worry it will ‘run away.’ If you want, you can bring the legs together and use the mini tripod as a stable support for your camera while you hold it in your hands.
As for the mounting bracket, you have two choices. You can either use it as it is, and mount cameras that are designed to accommodate a tripod, or you can buy the additional universal cellphone mounting bracket. The latter solution is what most people go for because most people use the mini tripod with their phones. As for the lock system, the Manfrotto mini tripod comes with a rapid push button for head adjustment. You will have an easy time mounting and unmounting your devices. The head rotates 360 degrees, and it tilts 35 degrees so that you can take the most amazing pictures
UBeesize Portable and Adjustable Camera Stand Holder with Remote
This is one of my favorite tripods, mostly because it is as flexible as tripods can get. It is an elegant mini tripod that will prove to be most useful, not only during vacations but in your day to day life. It has a unique design that will keep your camera or other devices safe and secure. At the same time, it provides the support your device needs for beautiful and steady pictures.
The UBeesize mini tripod has a durable construction, but one of the things I like the most about it is that it has flexible legs. While you can place it on flat surfaces, you can also use it around a pole, a tree branch, or anything else that may fit its legs’ length. You can mount cellphones on it, mini cameras, as well as GoPro cameras. Its versatility is what makes it one of people’s favorite.
One of the features you will love the most is that the UBeesize mini tripod comes with wireless remote control. So, instead of setting the timer on your camera, you can place the mini tripod where you need it to be, go in front of the camera, and push the button on the remote when you are ready to take the picture. It is a small but brilliant feature. As for the camera interface, this mini tripod is equipped with the universal ¼-20 screw that fits most cameras.
UBeesize Heavy Duty Phone and Camera Mini Tripod
Last but not least, this mini tripod is manufactured by UBeesize as well, but it is a product worth your while and money. It has a compact design, it is lightweight, and you will have a lot of fun using it. It measures only 6.7 by 1.5 inches, so it is safe to say that you can fit it in your pocket.
The construction of this mini tripod is reliable and durable. It is made of high-quality materials, and it has a unique ball head locking system that will improve your camera’s stability. At the same time, this mini tripod can accommodate DSLR, a projector, compact camera, webcams, GoPros, cellphones, and tablets. It may be small, but it is able. As for compatibility, the mount is compatible with iPhones, Samsung phones, and most smartphones that are up to 3.75 inches wide. As for cameras, the UBeesize mini tripod is compatible with all devices that are equipped with a ¼ screw interface, which means most of them.
Other features include a 360-degree panorama and wireless remote control. The mini ball head can rotate 360 degrees and tilt 45 degrees. It will help you get that perfect shot. The wireless remote control will spare you the stress of having to set up the timer on your device, which will make the photo shoot more relaxed.
While I seem to like all three products, my personal favorite is the UBeesize Portable and Adjustable Camera Stand Holder with Remote. I find that the flexible legs are a very useful feature. Plus, all the other features make this product one of the best mini tripods you will find, which is why I strongly recommend it.
A mini tripod may not seem much for many, but I think it can change the way you take pictures. It is a small but helpful tool that will help with the stability and clarity of your photos. Just give one a try, and you will see the results. One of the products above can help you with that, so feel free to choose whichever you want. I am sure you will be satisfied. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Tripod for Iphone 6 plus – a Quick Introduction
- Top Mini Tripod for Camera Choices
- The Foolproof Cheap Tripod Strategy
- Choosing Table Top Tripod Is Simple
- What You Should Do About Compact Tripod Starting in the Next 10 Minutes
- The Untold Story About Video Camera Tripod You Need to Read
- Characteristics of Best Tripod for Dslr
- Possible Danger Signs on Small Camera Tripod You Must Be Aware Of
- Iphone Camera Stand for Dummies
- Danger Signs on Iphone Tripod Adapter You Must Be Aware Of
- Up in Arms About Best Camera Tripod?
- What Does Phone Tripod Mean?
- Iphone 6 Tripod Mount Reviews & Guide
- Mini Tripod for Dslr Options
- The Hidden Facts About Iphone 6s Tripod Exposed by an Expert
- The Secrets of Lightweight Tripod Revealed
- Top Tips of Iphone 6 plus Tripod
- What is Really Happening with Flexible Tripod
- What Tripod Camera Is – and What it Is Not
- Understanding Tripod for Dslr
- Dslr Tripod Features
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Best Tripod
- Small Tripod Options
- Know What Gurus are Saying About Travel Tripod
- Whispered Tripod for Camera Secrets
- Techniques for Iphone Tripod Mount That Only Handful of People Know About
- Buying Tripod for Iphone 6
- Choosing Good Iphone 6 Tripod
- Iphone Tripod Features
- Top Choices of Best Travel Tripod
- Choosing Manfrotto Tripod
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Tripod for Iphone That Only a Few People Know Exist
- The Most Neglected Fact About Mini Tripod Explained
- What to Expect From Tripod?
- Why Everybody Is Wrong About Camera Tripod